Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday....

Well Wednesday came too quickly this week. I had planned on finishing A LOT more projects than I actually accomplished while the hubbs is MIA! Well unfortunately there was a lot more to do than I had expected. Isn't that usually how it goes? I always seem to think I can do more than is possible!
So here is the one & only project I completed......My China Hutch. I have to apologize for the poor lighting. I will post better pictures tomorrow when the sun is in that room. I was tired of the all over white. I have white dishes & I wanted them to stand out. So I painted the inside a barn red. I LOVE IT!!! I then painted the outside an antique white. Once it was completely dry I then sanded the edges for a warn look & polished it off with a "rub" technique. I used a dark walnut stain & worked it into the corners & grooves to give it a hi-lite. I am so pleased with the out come. I hope you all enjoy.
Now I have to try to finish the Living room set before the hubbs gets back tomorrow night.....I just don't see it happening. We'll see though.

BEFORE:

AFTER:


2 comments:

Tiff April 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

It looks great! I hear you when it comes to doing projects! I always think I can do more then I really can and then I get so frustrated.

Steffani April 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

I love it! Great job! I can't wait to see what you do next!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

the clever chic is dedicated to bringing wonderful ideas together in one spot; craft ideas, decorating ideas, organizing ideas, cooking ideas, parenting ideas, etc. it's basically a melting pot of inspiration!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP