Friday, March 12, 2010

Painted Furniture

Painting furniture is probably the easiest and cheapest thing you can do to give it a new look and life. I have slowly been re-doing some of my furniture to revive it and make it more my style. First up is my dining table.

Before:

After:
I love it! I love red!

Next up is my dresser. I like the traditional look with classy cherry furniture. But I'm ready for a new look.

Before:

After:
Black! And yes, I love it! I also updated the hardware because I was not digging the brass handles.

For both of these projects I: primed with Kilz primer, painted at least two coats of paint (more with the red table), and then finished off with a coat of poly semi-gloss. And no, I didn't sand a thing. The primer is great and can be put on without sanding.

10 comments:

Amanda@Married Life Diaries March 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

Looks great! I love painting furniture too! I actually posted on the same party as you about painting my furniture! Love it!

Sherry,  March 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

What fantastic transformations!! Love them both!

TaDa! Creations March 13, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

They look great! Thanks for sharing your painting tips. I plan to paint our dining set too. Found you at remodelaholics anon.

Andy Porter March 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Gah!! I LOVE furniture refashions and that table is giving me goosebumps. I thought I was done with red for a while, but you just knocked it back into me!! I lOVE it!

vignette design March 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Love the before and afters. Great job!

Patti @ Pandoras Box March 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

Love that red table top!! and your black bureau looks fabulous!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions March 15, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Love them! Nothing like a new coat of paint to give something a fresh new look!

The Single Nester March 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I love the black! Very chic looking. What color and brand of paint did you use?

Miss Mustard Seed March 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

The dresser looks great in black. You're on a roll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

the clever chic is dedicated to bringing wonderful ideas together in one spot; craft ideas, decorating ideas, organizing ideas, cooking ideas, parenting ideas, etc. it's basically a melting pot of inspiration!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP