Friday, March 19, 2010

Crafting with Leftovers

Balls, Balls, Balls! I love DECO BALLS! The possibilities are ENDLESS with these puppies!
I had a few leftovers from my Easter Tree Ornaments and Wire Hanger Easter Tree and wanted to put them to good use.

This is what you'll need. All I had to buy were the styrofoam balls.

1. Tie a double knot at then end of the yarn and poke a pin through it. Now wrap, baby wrap!

2. This is what it will look like. Couldn't I have just used a ball of yarn to get the same effect? Oh Well! :) Tie another double knot when you're done and poke another pin through the knot. You can hide the head of the pin by covering it with the yarn.

3. Do the same thing with the green yarn.

4. A moss of a mess! Just use your glue gun!

AND Voila!!!

Use to adorn a rabbit.

They make a great candlestick topper - my personal favorite.

OR stagger on a bookcase!

10 comments:

Tiff March 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

ooooh! so cute! I really like the yarn balls. I want to make some now!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something March 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

great idea! and so pretty on the holders and on the bookcase! I hopped in from "That's so Cuegly!" and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon. until later...

Elder Esplin March 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I love the fuzzy yarn one! What a fun idea! I'm visiting from New friend friday over at The Girl Creative.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Gay Vaughan March 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Thanks for linking up to It's a Hodgepodge Friday! I love seeing what you are up to. Hope to see you again!
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

The No Money Mama March 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

I too love deco balls. I really like your green yarn ball.

Krissy March 19, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Nice! I made some too before and used them on wreaths, you can see them here http://hollieks.blogspot.com/2009/12/first-snow-day-of-year.html

Sharon@Keeninspirations March 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Hi,

I found you over at New Friend Friday! Your title "Decor Balls" caught my attention right away because I love 'em and I'm always looking for new ones. The fuzzy yarn one is my favorite...I'm gonna go raid my daughter's yarn cabinet. If you have a minute you can check mine out here:
http://keeninspirations.blogspot.com/2010/03/decorative-balls.html
Have a great rest on the weekend!
Sharon

Kelley March 22, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

I have several of those balls leftover too... what a good idea.
Thank you for sharing.

Andy Porter March 25, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

Genius! I totally will be doing this. I love them on top of the candlesticks as well! Thanks so much for linking to Creative Cats!

XOXO,
Andy

Desiree April 20, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

those are some lovely balls.


i noticed them at your house, and thought they looked great! of course you made them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

the clever chic is dedicated to bringing wonderful ideas together in one spot; craft ideas, decorating ideas, organizing ideas, cooking ideas, parenting ideas, etc. it's basically a melting pot of inspiration!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP