Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wire Hanger Easter Tree

This Easter Tree is easy to make and what's even better is, it's CHEAP to make too!! I love trees; especially holiday trees. Trees make me happy. Just follow the step by step directions below!


What you will need:
  • 4-5 wire hangers
  • 6" terra cotta pot
  • 1 block of floral foam around 6" in size
  • white spray paint
  • bright green paint
  • dried sheet moss
  • heavy duty wire cutters
  • pliers
  • paintbrush
  • 3/4-1 yard of ribbon
Gather unused wire hangers from around your house. Come on, no one uses wire hangers anymore. This is a great way to RECYCLE, do your part, go green. Okay, that might be pushing it a little.

Start by cutting apart your floral foam with a knife, so it fits nice and snug in the pot. If it doesn't fit as snug as you would like, use some glue to secure it. Using your pliers, start untwisting the hangers. Using the heavy duty wire cutters, cut your first hanger right above one of the large bends (if you were looking at your hanger in it's entirety, the large bends I'm talking about are the two bottom corners of the triangular shape). The first branch is about 22" tall. Stick the piece of hanger in the foam. Now cut each branch at different lengths and stick each piece in the foam in varying directions. I have a total of 5 branches on my tree.

Spray paint your entire tree, pot included and let dry. Then tie with the ribbon. The ribbon will help hold the branches in place.

Mix the bright green paint with some water to make a white wash or a green wash to paint over the white terra cotta pot. You want the white to show through like in the picture.

Last, glue some dried sheet moss at the base of your tree and you're finished! Now you have a beautiful easter tree!

But wait! What about the ornaments?

I will show you how to make these little beauties very soon!

Stay tuned!

11 comments:

Summer March 11, 2010 at 2:03 AM  

I love this tree! I am so happy there are creative people like you, so I can borrow your awesome ideas! Thanks!

Beth March 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Very Cute, Steff! I love it!

Linds March 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

R.U.SERIOUS?
That's MmmAzing! HANGERS give a perfect look! Thanks so much for linkin up!

Southern Fried Gal March 15, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Cute ideas. I've got some gigantic eggs and you've given me ideas for embellishing them. Have a blessed week!

kim west March 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

so cute! love the yarn eggs! found you on skip to my lou

Lori March 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

WOW!! loving this!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

Unknown March 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

this is brilliant!! I have been wanting an easter tree and this is just perfect and exactly what my budget needs... FREE!! thank you!

Lianna Knight March 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Such a great idea!!!

Come and visit my Easter Decor Inspiration Party here...
http://growingourowngarden.blogspot.com/2010/03/easter-decor-inspiration-linky.html

Sharon@Keeninspirations March 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Great Idea! I have a $Tree "tree" but it's small...I love the size of this one!

Lianna Knight March 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

LOVE all your decorations! Thanks for joining my Easter Decor Inspiration Party!

Please visit this post and join my Easter Front Door Decorations Party...
http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2010/03/share-your-easter-front-door.html

Happy Easter!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous April 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Steffani,
So dang cute!! Love it! I'm so glad you joined the Easter Roundup!
Happy Easter!
Linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

the clever chic is dedicated to bringing wonderful ideas together in one spot; craft ideas, decorating ideas, organizing ideas, cooking ideas, parenting ideas, etc. it's basically a melting pot of inspiration!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP