Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Children's Aprons...

I have been OBSESSED with aprons lately. I am so excited about the one that I just made for my 2 oldest girls & my 2 of my nieces. I started out by measuring from their torso to their collar bone to hip & then from hip to the knee. I took it from there to come up with the pattern. I made 1 that is just one solid piece of material & the other 3 are 2 pieces....well the pink camo ones are actually 3 counting that I added a belt down the middle. I have NEVER made these before. I have just been blog stocking like I LOVE to do & have seen SO MANY cute aprons out there & thought "I can TOTALLY do this!!" It was a LONG day of sewing & making mistakes & re-sewing. Then I FINALLY got it!! I LOVE THEM & so do my girls. They beg me to wear them all the time...& I just want to frame them because I worked so hard..lol!!! =) But now I know how & so I have a few friends & sisters & more nieces, so I am going to be making a BUNCH more & I'll post pics when I make the adult sized ones. For my 2 nephews I am making some tool belts!! I don't have boys so I was a bit stumped but they are almost done & they are WAY cute!!! I'll post pics once I finish them as well. The hubbs was a bit tired of all the sewing mess so I am taking a break. Let me know what you think.....

I put a pocket on the front of each of them to hold a marker, 2 pencils & some scissors....
This is the one piece...


Hope you all enjoy & it sparks all you sewer's out there to try one out!! This was a Major challenge for me....which I TOTALLY LOVED!!!





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

the clever chic is dedicated to bringing wonderful ideas together in one spot; craft ideas, decorating ideas, organizing ideas, cooking ideas, parenting ideas, etc. it's basically a melting pot of inspiration!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP