Friday, July 23, 2010

BUNK BED REDO


Check out my bunk bed transformation! My husband and I had been in the market for a bunk bed for awhile. Wal-Mart has some cute ones in the $250 price range, but really I just wanted an old bunk bed that I could paint, because I LOVE painted wood!!!! I know it's probably trendy, but I LOVE IT! So, then one day we got pretty dang lucky. Back in May, my hubby was taking my daughter to school and on the side of the road he saw a bunk bed with a sign that said, "FREE BUNK BED." He called me and I immediately thought that it must be falling apart and ugly if it's free. Then he sent me a picture of it on my phone and I was THRILLED!!!! It was sturdy solid wood with cool rod iron detail. This is the bed I had dreamed of finding and IT WAS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I knew that after a little paint and magic, it would be PERFECT! Please take a look at the before and after.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
I didn't even prime this beauty. Just 3 coats of white paint, distressing with sandpaper, stain to give it an antique look and one coat of polyurethane. Oh yeah. Do you like the cute damask bed spreads?? It's a bed in a bag from Wal-mart.com.

I am really into chandeliers right now, aren't you? Check out this one from IKEA. It's $39.99, which isn't too bad for a chandelier.

9 comments:

Unknown July 23, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

wow, that was a GREAT find! Their bedroom looks so girly and chic, I absolutely love how it turned out.

Thanks sharing, new follower!
-Ann Marie

FrouFrouBritches July 23, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

That looks amazing! You did a great job on the beds! The damask bedding is precious too! What a great find. I haven't seen those at our Wal-Mart. Soo cute! Love the chandy too!

Momma Button July 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Totally stinkin' cute!!! What little girl wouldn't love this room?

Beth July 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

Steff! Holy Cow! You did an amazing job on those beds! I love what you've done! Very cute!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block July 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM  

What a perfectly, girlie, adorable bunk bed! It's perfect! You did a great job! (On a sidenote - I LOVE that chandelier!!) :)

Unknown July 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Looks great!! And like theirs plenty of space btwn the top & bottom bunk. I hate that it's so crampled btwn my boys' bunk beds....but I think that was the hazard of going w/a cheap-o set. Yours looks much more roomy!! :)

Lolly Jane July 28, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

So cute!!

Celinda-check our blog out. 2 giveaways this week...fun stuff!

:)

Kristi Flanagan July 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

You scored on this find! It turned out so CUTE! Thanks for palnting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Come back and plant again on Friday!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Judy Whatilivefor August 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

That turned out perfectly! I can't believe you found that on the side of the road!

I gave you guys an award...thanks for sharing all of your inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

the clever chic is dedicated to bringing wonderful ideas together in one spot; craft ideas, decorating ideas, organizing ideas, cooking ideas, parenting ideas, etc. it's basically a melting pot of inspiration!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP